Monday, December 21, 2009

Explosion in the Blog-o-Sphere!

I have been reading a lot of blogs the past week trying to get ideas for this one; getting ideas for the layout of the page and also seeing what people are talking about in the worlds that I inhabit. I have noticed one thing that some blogs have that this one does not yet... comments!

I have been looking at a lot of gaming blog, D20 blogs, and game design blogs. Besides doing research on gaming PPC (pay-per-click) ads for gaming websites and design sites. Plus I am going to enter a game design contest run by Pazio publishing. The one thing that I like about the other blogs is the amount of conversaiton that go on in the comments on the blog posts. For a wonderful example check out The D20 Source Blog and especially the conversaiton I got involved in about the Vow of Poverty which readers of my past few posts will know about.

So what I want to say here is that the only way to cause any motion in this great blog-o-sphere of ours is to post comments on peoples blogs... this one included. This serves several purposes a short list of the most important ones I think follow.
  • Great conversation is the key of any blog I think. I want this blog to be not just for me to rant at you, my reader, but I want interaction with you.
  • Also one of the most important things comments do for use the bloggers is they let us know what you want to read about. If no one tells me what they want me to rant about I will rant at random, which I do not mind but I would love to offer you the chance to pick my brain, so the speak, and have me rant about what you actually want to read about.
  • Traffic. Most of the time you would think that traffic only effects the person who owns or controls the website or blog, but that is not true. Traffic effects how much a blogger post and what they post about. The more traffic a blog gets the more energy the blogger is going to put into it.
With that said this blog is gettig pretty good traffic so far, so with that said I plan on ranting and ranting at random till someone tells me different. Comment everyone! I want to get to know my readers... More soon all. Today I will post a magazine review I promise!

1 comments:

ThatsBlog.com on January 3, 2010 at 11:21 PM said...

Thanks for your submission to the Seventy Fourth edition of the Blog Carnival: Blogging. Your post has been accepted and its live:

http://thatsblog.com/blog-carnival-blogging/blog-carnival-blogging-seventy-fourth-edition

-ThatsBlog.com

Post a Comment

 
Brother Kang's RANTS Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template