Monday, December 28, 2009

"I write for the same reason I breathe -- because if I didn't, I would die."

This is my third attempt attempt writing a post today. I have been considering taking the day off, but I don't really think I can. It feels strange now to think about not posting. With that said though I am in a very weird mood today and do not know how this post will come off to everyone.

I have been reading blogs all day and wondering what I really have to say today. At this point I am still not totally sure but I know I have to say something. Reminds me of a Issac Asimov said, "I write for the same reason I breathe -- because if I didn't, I would die." I feel this way most days but today I really feel it.

A couple nights ago I watch the movie Terminal for the first time and it made me think about a lot of things in my life sort of reassessing of things. For those of you have not seen this great movie I say two things. One; See it, now! I am serious. It is amazing. Two; It made me see things in a different light and one that I really enjoyed watching because I can see how it could be done.

I think one of the main ideas presented in the movie was one of simple living. Tom Hanks' character lives in an airport terminal. I do not know if it gets more simple than that. This movie got my mind working on all kinds of ways. I have gone through the first two weeks of Frank Kern's Mass Control Program. At first I thought Kern was all about marketing and product launches. Then half way through his first video I realized there was much more to him and his program than I thought in the beginning.

He suggested an exercise that I have been putting off and thinking about for a month now. What he wants his students to do is to visualize and write down in as much detail as possible your ideal life. He says you can not really get what you want if you do not know what you want. So I have been thinking about it alot the last month and after watching the movie stuff just started clicking and I have been busy at it for a couple of days now.

I now have some sort of rough plan of where I want to be in my life in the next 10 years. Very interesting feeling. Now I am just working on the details. Once I get the thing down on paper i can start working on how to achieve it. Perhaps I will share some of it with you my readers at some point. Two words describe the feelings I have about my ideal life: Simple Life!

So I leave you with a question now; what is one aspect of your ideal life? Care to share it with us?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

brother, you know as much as i do that if you want something you can have it, you just have to be specific and consider your sphere of availability. you have lectured me on this subject more times than i can count.

Post a Comment

 
Brother Kang's RANTS Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template