Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Get your writing juices flowing #1

Spent most of the day reading blogs, working on blog design and getting all the social buttons and RSS feed information set up. I have been trying to think of ways to encourage readers to interact with me on the blog in the form of blog comments. In my reading today I ran across an article on the Writer's Digest Website. I wanted to ask the same questions the author did of her readers and generate some comments while helping you with your writing at the same time.

So please think about this question and answer it as honestly as you can. It will help you and help other writers like you. Because when it comes down to it we are all in the same writing boat together so lets get together and help one another now.
  • What one thing—in your workspace, on your computer or otherwise—would your writing life not be the same without?
I am just going to start by asking this question and see how the response is. If I get any response at all then I will continue these questions as a weekly series.

I suppose I should start this process, so the first comment will be mine. I hope all my readers will help me out and comment on this one. The more people that answer the more we all learn.

3 comments:

Kevin Regier on December 23, 2009 at 8:14 PM said...

Having the right kinds of pens and paper aside for a minute. The one thing that I must have next to me at all time when I am writing is my pipe and some good tobacco. I can not write with out pauses in my writing to smoke a bowl and think of the next section. I use this time as time to reflect on what was just written and what comes next.
Anyone else care to add comments?

bradleycarroll on January 12, 2010 at 6:28 PM said...

My big-ass noise reduction headphones that block out the outside world. Vital!

Pip Hunn on January 22, 2010 at 2:06 PM said...

I simply can't write with any kind of auditory distraction.

So I either need to use noise-cancelling headphones like Bradley, stick my own music on to cover my housemate's noise, or write early enough in the day that there isn't any movement in the house :-)

Post a Comment

 
Brother Kang's RANTS Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template